8. Hablas español?




Retrieved from : https://www.zennalaser.com/news/hablas-espanol/

I have been in love for quite some time now. I am deeply, oh, so passionately in love. I have fallen in love with the most romantic language on planet earth. The sensual and most beautiful: español. Spoken by 400 million people in approximately 21 countries, Spanish is the fourth most spoken language in the world. The language is rooted in a century-old tradition, originating from Latin, and is part of the family of Romance languages. It is a rich and exuberant language, with a plethora of diversity from different parts of the globe, each beautiful in its own way.

Learning a new language is easy when you love that language and the people and culture associated with it. Ever since I was a teenager, I felt a deep connection with this language, and I don’t even know why. (Maybe sometimes you don’t need a reason!). Nevertheless, Spanish ‘makes me tick’. It has been my favorite language for a few years now. Simply put, I love the way the language sounds and I love it, even more, when the words flow off my tongue in rapid-fire. The first Spanish conversation I had with a fellow friend visiting from Madrid in Spanish was perhaps the happiest day of my life too. Learning about the different Spanish cultures around the world has been magical. The reasons as to why I am so passionately in love with this language are numerous, but here I will narrow it down to a few points.

First, Spanish is gorgeous and has a musical ring to it, which I believe cannot be found in any other language. It is seldom spoken monotonously. Spanish words glide from one sound to another with extreme grace and smoothness. There is something special that differentiates Spanish from the other romance languages. The clear vowels, the open syllables, the intonations make the language ideal for poetry and music. No wonder Spanish is the language of love! 

Second, Spanish is probably the most important language if you love to travel. It is spoken in more than 20 countries, and each of these countries is extremely beautiful and diverse. If you want to understand the culture of these countries, learning to speak Spanish is an added advantage. It can help you travel with confidence, enabling you to experience the local way of life. Don’t forget, Spanish speaking countries have mouthwatering delicious food as well, be it Paella or Tapas!

Third, Spanish music is simply amazing. Today, Latin Music has taken over the world. It is very catchy, and the beats are contagious, be it Regaetton or Latin Pop. The good thing is, you can enjoy the music without understanding the lyrics. The melody can forever stick to your brain. But when you can understand the lyrics, the words alone can make you swoon. I will be honest, the first thing that attracted me towards this wonderful culture is its la musica. If you ever flip through my playlist, you will only find Spanish songs!

Fourth, the Spanish pop culture is vigorous and world-famous. Spanish films, books, and TV shows and series have a place of their own in the world. Learning Spanish is the gateway to the manifold products created in the language. If I must speak for myself, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Narcos and Money Heist (La casa de Papel).

Fifth, learning Spanish can open the door to other languages such as French, Italian, Portuguese, etc. The similarities in these languages and Spanish is evident because they belong to the same family of languages.

I can go on and on. The reasons are endless. But simply put, Spanish is FUN! It is an emotional language, and its words can be used to express feelings compared to any other language. It is a
passionate language which is reflected in the food, culture, and people that embrace it. Learning
the language gave me satisfaction and peace like nothing before!

Comments

Popular Posts