The Next Chapter Awaits

You need experience to get experience!
This month, we complete five months of our PGDM Programme at School of Communications and Reputation, Mumbai. Beginning next month, the students will start with their internships at various PR agencies. While the last five months at SCoRe provided me with the skill, knowledge and practical insights of Public Relations, I am looking forward to interning at GolinOpinion to translate these insights into practice. This is because while classrooms are important, true learning begins outside a classroom. In the next two months, I expect to receive hands-on experience of the workings of a PR firm. 
To begin with, I would like to learn how relationships with clients are being established and maintained. In addition, I would also like to know more about media relations. Here I want to know how to approach journalists, the right way.
By the end of the two months, I would like to be a mini expert in my sector, i.e., hospitality (properties). I wish to learn about the issues and emerging trends in this sector from my mentor. 
In addition, I also expect to receive feedback on my writing skills and all the assignments that I will be part of. Having said that, I would also like to inculcate the habit of writing even during my internship, be it press releases, case studies, or social media content. 
I understand how important social media is in today’s media centric environment. I wish to learn more about the workings of a digital campaign in real time. GolinOpinion is an agency that believes in the power of digital communications. Hence, I would like to know more about social media strategy development and implementation. 
Lastly, but most importantly, I would like to be part brainstorming sessions and learn as much as possible. During this sessions, I would try to be proactive, whenever it is appropriate.
Having said that this is how I will contribute to my firm:
  • Professionalism 
  • Punctuality and Discipline
  • Being proactive whenever necessary
  • Volunteer for everything I will be offered to do
  • Time management
I believe the learnings during my internship will stick with me throughout my career. I am sure my experience at GolinOpinion will be quite promising. I wish to gain comprehensive real world knowledge and practical skills in the field as much as I can in the coming two months. 

What is an internship and how to get one – The complete handbook ...
Source: Internshala Blog



Comments

Popular Posts